Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog. Please feel free to follow me and leave your comments and take my new poll! If you are a current customer and am curious to where I am with your order please click here

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Keira Knightley Inspired Dress

I have been really too busy to take pictures as most of my orders were rush orders including this one. I think this is one of the prettiest dresses I have made. The inspiration dress of Keira Knightley is actually not a dress but a tube top, sweater and skirt. The bride to be wanted a ruched bodice instead which I think looks better as well.
My customer is in love with the dress and it fit remarkably. I am so happy about it. It means a lot to me to do gowns and dresses for weddings. I get to be a small part in one of the happiest days of their lives.

The skirt is made up of five layers. Starting from the top to bottom, two layers of tulle, a layer of organza (gave the dress a little peek a boo simmer) the skirt itself, a lining with a built in ruffle petticoat that you do not see. 

The bodice is fully lined and underlined with boning all around. It is ruched in the bust area and the back. The side front and back are not ruched this gives a very slimming effect. Here are more pictures one without the bow.

3 comments:

  1. gorgeous! Your customer has an eye for beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may just change my wedding dress design after this one :)

    Thanks so much for your comment

    ReplyDelete