Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog. Please feel free to follow me and leave your comments and take my new poll! If you are a current customer and am curious to where I am with your order please click here

Saturday, February 5, 2011

When a pattern calls for facing sometimes just do it

I am not a big fan of facings. I prefer the bodice to be lined with the exception of wrap dresses. Though I have an idea for a wrap dress that as always if I have time I will try to recreate it. This dress is combination comes from this post. The faux fur dress mixed with the bodice of a Vogue pattern.

Here is the pictures. My concern is the back. Forms are not bodies and I'm hoping that on a body it will look better but will have to wait to find out.
Everything I touched on this dress I had to do at least three times. I was so frustrated with it. Even my hand sewing gave me problems. This if you can believe it is now deamed the hardest dress I've ever made. She didn't want the bow, but I did leave the belt thing in the back. I thought it gave it a little more something.
This dress I did last month. The pictures do not do it justice. It is really lovely in person and will be even lovelier on a person. I think it has a very nice flow from the waist to it's tea length skirt. My customer was a leery of a full skirt but I want to have some pouf so I made a petticoat that only gave fullness to the bottom of the skirt. This is a beautiful silk that I purchase at Silk Baron. They have nice silks but are a bit slow in shipping so if you have need it in a rush order early.
I have three possibly four more dresses to get done this month so...I maybe a little slow in my posts. One and I'm really excited about it is going to be a pale pink with white polka dots. A organza underskirt it is going to be so cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment