Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog. Please feel free to follow me and leave your comments and take my new poll! If you are a current customer and am curious to where I am with your order please click here

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Transformation complete

I love how it turned out! The options are endless with this dress. Bridal gown, bridesmaid, the prom or some cotton fabric for a every day dress.
Bodice detail & back
I also made an cute little ruched option that attaches with hook & eyes. I think the next time I make it though I will use the hook & tape. It would have been easy to just add it to the dress. To make it I just measured the front mid section and back sections and made sure to add seam allowance. Doubled the length. These are rectangle shapes. Gathered middle, side seams and the back. Sorry I only have pictures of the front. I was on a time crunch to get the dress shipped in time.
Now how to make the overlay without a pattern. With the chiffon I just ripped it. For the front section width 60" long. To determined the length just measure from your natural waist to where you want the hem to end. Don't forget to add seam allowance. For the back pieces I ripped two 30" wide pieces. If your overlay is say lace, net or tulle which does not rip, I suggest if you have it using a rotary knife. This is perfect for scalloped edges! If you want it fuller just add more inches.

1 comment: