Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog. Please feel free to follow me and leave your comments and take my new poll! If you are a current customer and am curious to where I am with your order please click here

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 2 Wedding Dress Accomplishments and Drawbacks

I've had an eventful day with my dress. My biggest drawback is dealing with three different fabrics. Thank goodness for #9 Needle and a seam ripper.

I don't know how many times I had to adjust and cut the lining to be able to fit the bodice perfectly. Does it stretch on purpose? I could of screamed. Good news, I got the lining done aside from eventually attaching...another battle in the making.

Here is how the lining turned out. You can now see the outline of what this dress is going to become. I love the back so much!!!
The next pictures are the fabric for godets which will attach to the overlay skirt and the almost completed bodice. I still need to add some elastic for the sleeves and add the finishing. Which finishing will be very last.

No comments:

Post a Comment