Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog. Please feel free to follow me and leave your comments and take my new poll! If you are a current customer and am curious to where I am with your order please click here

Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Years Goals but No Resolutions

I don't have any New Year's Resolutions I'm perfect ;) but I do have some New Year Goals and they are already in the works. Please feel free to share your goals or resolutions too.

My first goal is to get better pictures for my shop. I am working with a photographer in Sweden for this and will be sending two dresses this month. I'm very excited about this! Obviously I will be posting them as soon as I receive them!

In December I was asked to take down a picture in my shop that was from pinup girl clothing or something like that. I didn't know. I actually thought the picture was that red head sorry don't know her name from Mad Men. Oh well I apologized up and down and promptly removed the picture.

I do not do searches for dresses to list in my shop. I'm sure I've used pictures before if a customer sent me one to recreate. I will usually use the picture sent as the custom order then use it as a "Inspiration Photo" after I made it if I decide to offer it to others. I am going to be a lot more careful now about what I use in my shop from now on.

My next goal is to see how I fair on my own. Meaning setting up my own e-commerce site. That would be the easy part. The hard part is getting it to be noticed and in the top when people search for items. I love Etsy but like so many others I can't compete with their reseller problem or their "collective shops". I can't match their prices and my listings get buried with their hundreds of items.

Plus this will save me money in the long run as I will be charged only one fee which would be Pay Pal. Even if I buy a domain name and pay for hosting I would be saving more then the fees I receive now. Go Daddy has a very reasonable e-commerce I may do that or code it myself. Depends on time (yeah right time) depends on if I'm lazy or not :)

No comments:

Post a Comment