Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog. Please feel free to follow me and leave your comments and take my new poll! If you are a current customer and am curious to where I am with your order please click here

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Update on projects, I have been too busy to post

I'm now working on the Grace Kelly Reproduction. I'm starting with a muslin pattern because I'm not sure exactly how I want to recreate it. The front view I'm pretty happy with. I don't have a picture of the back view but I'm thinking of a V shape (you can see where I'm folding it) and maybe an panel at the waist line for some line definition. I'm planning on having a side zipper so there will be some nice lines down the back if I add a waist panel. The front has such nice lines I want the back to look just as good. I'm going to do a traditional circle skirt at the bottom but not too poofy I want it to flow but not petticoat style.
Here is the front and back of my mock dress. I can't wait to start putting it all together with the real fabric.


I completed the Snow White costume. This one is the more traditional version instead of the Disneyland version. I can't post pictures because she hasn't received it and I hate to spoil the surprise. Here is the sleeve though. The Disneyland one has strips of blue instead of teardrops. I personally like the teardrops better. I used some of the silk I had from the previous costume for the teardrops.
  
I finished the DSquare pleated skirt with buttons but, we had a issue miscommunication with measurements so I will making it again. As soon as I get it back I will post a picture of it. Ladies it is important when ordering custom clothing that your measurements are right. If we ask for a bust measurement it is the FULLEST part of your bust, your natural waistline is above your belly button. Your hips should be the FULLEST part of your bottom. I know it's a hard thing to do but if you want it to fit right the measurements have to be right.

No comments:

Post a Comment