Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog. Please feel free to follow me and leave your comments and take my new poll! If you are a current customer and am curious to where I am with your order please click here

Friday, August 5, 2011

Can you say FAIL!

It is 7 pm here. I've got a horrible cold and have been trying to get the white gown done. I was almost done, all that needed to be done was hand sewing the lining to the zipper (yes the zipper argggh), and hand sewing the beading under the bust line. I put the dress on the form so I could see if I liked how the ruffle on the skirt lining turned out. As I zipped up the dress the zipper decided to separate on me! I tried to zip it back down matching the grooves and the handle broke off! I don't mean that it just came off the actual metal broke!!! Now I have to take it apart and do it again. Of course the only white zippers I have on hand are 7"-10". My dear sister has one and will be bringing it to me in the morning.
 Some don't mind zippers. I hate them! I've done enough of them, but I dread each one. I purchased an invisible zipper foot, which makes it a little easier. Today's issue was out of my control. I wonder if I can take it back as a defect. Honestly I'm glad it happened to me instead of the bride. Could you imagine that?

The dress looks bleh right now to me, but in the end I think I will be happy with it. Most important I hope the bride will be happy with it. I don't think I will make my goal of shipping it tomorrow!
Happy Sewing WITHOUT ZIPPERS PLEASE!!! I think I will start doing more knit dresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment