Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog. Please feel free to follow me and leave your comments and take my new poll! If you are a current customer and am curious to where I am with your order please click here

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Barefoot Sewing

I don't know about the rest of you seamstresses out there but I hate sewing with my shoes on. I prefer barefooted, socks or special crochet or knitted slippers. I recently purchased these adorable bunny slippers from CUTEurecreations. Here they are, now I can have happpy sewing feet!:
If you have little ones you need to check out her shop. She has the cutest hats, slippers and headbands. Here are a couple darling little numbers. Makes me want to learn to crochet! I admire the art of crochet and knitting. For those that know how to crochet she does offer patterns too!

5 comments:

  1. Haha I can't sew well or at all, but I love being barefoot. :)

    Great revamp of your blog btw, Eleen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cindy. I'm glad you like it. I had a Etsy seller make me a new banner.
    Winchester Lambourne
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/WinchesterLambourne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bunny slippers, I need to get some for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to exclusively sew barefoot. Then I started taking 6 different sewing classes and started sewing with shoes. At home if I step on pins, I know it's due to my own fault. However, in class I don't like the idea of walking around bare or sock footed. Not to mention we aren't supposed in the first place, mainly due to safety concerns. After forcing myself to sew with shoes on in class these past few years, I find that my ankle doesn't get tired as much from stepping on the peddle for long hours. The shoe offers more support, thereby, allowing me to sew for longer periods. So, I find there is a benefit gained from sewing with shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought of that learningnewtricks. I actually sewed today with my chucks on :)

    ReplyDelete