Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog. Please feel free to follow me and leave your comments and take my new poll! If you are a current customer and am curious to where I am with your order please click here

Friday, June 18, 2010

Collar redemption

This dress is going to be a total knock out!

I got the collar fixed today and lots more. I'm basically done with the dress except hemming. I haven't decided if I'm going to fully line the dress yet. Not being lazy just thinking of Florida. I will see how it looks without the skirt being lined. With the godets I made more of rounder shape triangle so they would stick out more. You will see what I mean when you scroll down at my progress. They really pop out of the bottom of the dress. I need to get something decorative for the top of them. I really can't tell from the inspiration photo what was used. Looking at these pictures I'm going to have to take the left side of the collar in just a hair. Must have had a slip with the machine.
For the piping below the bustline I first put it on the skirt section instead of the bodice. made sewing it on a lot easier since there was no gather in the skirt. I used a standard zipper foot to sew it in place. I then attached it to the bodice.
Here is the bodice attached to the dress with and without the godets.
I love the way the sleeves turned out. I still need to make a bow too. I'm not sure if I should make it pin on or tack it on. Decisions decisions. I would be kind of neat to have the option of not having the bow on.

No comments:

Post a Comment