Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog. Please feel free to follow me and leave your comments and take my new poll! If you are a current customer and am curious to where I am with your order please click here

Thursday, June 3, 2010

No a bodice can't bring me down

What is the saying...third time is the charm. I finally got the pleating the way I want for the Audrey style dress. It is only pinned and I'm taking out some of the bodice for a higher waistline but even with this inexpensive cotton the gather is turning out wonderful. Imagine when I use the real fabric and the overlay!  The neckline as I study the example more is a lot lower and the sleeves are off the shoulders so where you see the points is where the sleeves are going to attach.

I have two rush orders but as soon as I'm done I will be assemling the mock dress. The skirt is ready. The sleeves just need to be taken off failure number two then it is stitch it all together and one fabulous dress!

If you don't want to search for the two failures click here for my first attempt and here for my second attempt that did have potential but it wasn't good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment