Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog. Please feel free to follow me and leave your comments and take my new poll! If you are a current customer and am curious to where I am with your order please click here

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Snow White Cape & Head Piece

Without anymore rush orders I'm concentrating on the Snow White Costume. You know if you were asked to make a Snow White costume the first thing you would want to make is the cape! I needed a plush button, knowing I would never be able to find one that matched my fabric I created one myself with an oversized button, some stuffing fill and the velvet fabric of the cape itself. I used my packing tape for the pattern. It gave me the perfect circle. It was a pain to serge a perfect circle but it can be accomplished. Wouldn't want it to fray later on. 
Here is the finished cape.

I completed the head piece. It turned out really good. I used a store bought headband and sewed a strip of the red silk the width of the headband plus a little extra for the seam allowance. The bow is just a rectangular shape with a smaller rectangular shape for the center. Because Snow White's bow stands up I sewed it to the headband but also reinforced it with glue.
I don't know if I want to work on the skirt or bodice (which is cut except the lining). I can't do the collar until the bodice is complete so I know how long it needs to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment