I have to stop for the night as I need some boning for the collar. I used a real heavy interfacing that I need to mold a bit too. I'm going to put boning at the bottom of the collar. I will create a casing with basically a neck facing for the collar and sew it right above seam line of the bodice and lining. I think this will help it keep it's form and also stand better without straining the bodice neckline so much. Hard to explain but I have it in my head.
Though I had to stop for the night I went ahead and pinned the collar to the dress form and put the cape on so I could see how it was looking. Here it is. I can't wait to see it on a person!