Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog. Please feel free to follow me and leave your comments and take my new poll! If you are a current customer and am curious to where I am with your order please click here

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Hot Rod Shows, Better Pictures of Red Dress and Gingham Wiggle Dress

The first picture I want to share is underneath the red dress. Look at all that beautiful chiffon. This time I just tore the petticoat to size, no pattern. The bodice base but modified to the look I wanted was Simplicity 2444 and the skirt was from Butterick 6582. I use the Butterick one for a lot of my skirts. It has a great shape.

I am a sponsor for a Sundsvall Custom Hot Rod Show in Sweden and for some prizes for the Miss Hot Rod Competition. I'm donating two wiggle skirts. One black McCalls 3830 and one red McCalls5523.



The red has a neat pleating detail in the back. I should of went with my gut and used some black stitching as now that it is done I know it would of looked sharp. Here is the detail of the back:

And last but not least the Gingham Wiggle Dress. The skirt is actually the same as the black wiggle skirt but with a different slit. The black one tucks to the left this one is a normal slit. This is a combination of McCalls 5292 and McCalls 3830.

Tomorrow will be a huge shipping and packing day as everything pictured here is shipping tomorrow. I was going to start working on the dress with the godets and found a stain on the fabric provided to me! I haven't even cut the dress and it is giving me issues. I hope that isn't a bad sign. I will just have to be real careful where to cut and hope I have enough fabric by passing the stains.

No comments:

Post a Comment