Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog. Please feel free to follow me and leave your comments and take my new poll! If you are a current customer and am curious to where I am with your order please click here

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Grace Kelly Rear Window Dress

My Pay Pal says it was delivered. No word from my customer, unfortunately that is normal. Sometimes no news is good news. Of course it would be better to see it on someone but here is the finished dress on my trusty dress form.
 The back view. I deepened the back quite a bit.

My sister did the bead work for me. Thanks so much sis!
I went all out for this order. Gave her a petticoat, stole and earrings to complete the outfit. This truly was one of my dream dresses to recreate. I think next time I will put my sister to work and add more of the beads. Oh crap now that I'm seeing the picture I should of put one in the middle! Duh!!! $@uk

5 comments:

  1. Very, very cool. When I saw this on Sew Retro, first I thought it was Sewista Fashionista, she recently did a run down on Rear Window fashion. You did a great job, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress arrived today and I saw it when I got home later tonight. Oh my gosh!! I am overwhelmed at how beautiful it is and how well it is made. Yes, you absolutely went all out with all the extras. I am so happy!!! Please tell your sister thank you from me. I didn't expect the beading and it is so perfect!! I will definitely tell everyone I know about you. So many of my friends are costumers-I know they will be impressed with your work. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so lovely! I have always adored that particular dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. I will check out Sewista Fashionista Steph.

    Amanda I'm so happy you loved the dress and will thank my sister for you. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to create it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh! This dress makes me want to start wearing dresses.

    ReplyDelete