Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog. Please feel free to follow me and leave your comments and take my new poll! If you are a current customer and am curious to where I am with your order please click here

Monday, November 22, 2010

I'm a Barbie Girl in a Barbie World

OK now that I got that stupid song in my head. I'm wrapping up my Silken Flame Barbie dress. I had to make the bodice myself as I could not find a pattern that resembled it. It looks orange in the picture but it is a true red. As you can tell I need to take the left side spaghetti strap in a little and still have to stitch up the middle of the bodice for that gathered look.

My customer requested straps either halter or spaghetti. I thought the spaghetti would be a better choice for this style of bodice. They are adjustable so she can fit them to size. I have the skirt and skirt lining cut and sewn. I will attach them tomorrow. This is just a sneak peak. It has been a lot of fun reproducing  a vintage Barbie Gown!

No comments:

Post a Comment