Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog. Please feel free to follow me and leave your comments and take my new poll! If you are a current customer and am curious to where I am with your order please click here

Monday, November 1, 2010

Back to the Future 25 Years Party Dress

I posted this earlier but got an earful from my sister who knows my rules about not showing my stuff until my customer sees it. This dress was made for a party in celebration of the movie Back to the Future turning 25 years old. I watched the movie to see exactly what it looked like as I couldn't find good pictures of it online.
It has a slanted skirt overlay that was tiny polka dots. I was on a time crunch so I used a netting with little decorative dots. I love the collar on the neck line and really love the way the overlay slanted. It is a beautiful peach color.
Here is what I came up with drooping on the mannequin:

On a body:
I can't believe how full the skirt is. This is without a petticoat or even netting at the bottom of the lining!
I'm working on a shrug, top and gloves right now. I'm still waiting for some fabric to come to start on my 50's faux fur collared dress and also a vintage Barbie Doll dress person size of course. I will post them soon.

2 comments:

  1. That film is one of my favorites! the dress is lovely!
    I really want to see the barbie doll dress, I love barbie too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lizzy. I think I will post the dress I will be making from Barbie.

    ReplyDelete