Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog. Please feel free to follow me and leave your comments and take my new poll! If you are a current customer and am curious to where I am with your order please click here

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Silken Flame Barbie Dress

I didn't get my fabric! It shipped Oct. 29th priority mail. I bet my post office just hasn't sorted it yet. They've done it to me before but I really don't have time for it. I have two tops, shrugs, gloves and the 50's dress with faux fur to get done this week. Hard to work when you don't have the fabric. This dress I plan on working on next week. It is from a vintage Barbie doll and it was called Silken Flame. I'm using a red velvet for the bodice and an ivory satin for the skirt. My customer already has a red velvet coat that I believe was her grandmother's. I think Mattel reissued the doll in the 90's. Maybe I'm partial to brunettes but I like the vintage one better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment